Sunday, October 27, 2013

Visiting My Sweet Mom, Evelyn

Henry and I buzzed up to Franklin, TN. on his afternoon off this week for the express purpose of taking my mother out to dinner!
Evelyn Beatrice Holm Johnson is ninety four years young.  Half Norwegian and half Swedish, growing up Lutheran in Minnesota where she weathered the severe cold for most of her life, gives her a spunky nature that fits the role God has blessed her with in abundance!
My mom was the mother of five children, grandmother to 17 and great-grandmother to 25 and more to come, I'm sure!
Here's a photo of me with my daughter, Tacy and her son, Anders Eliot (he's no. 25) meeting his great-grandmother last month at Kalmia, our cottage across from Mullins Cove on Lake Nickajack.
Her favorite hymn is "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" and her example in life of living for Jesus has blessed our large extended family in countless ways.  We know we can ask her to pray about a problem we are struggling with and she will take it up as her assignment to lift us to the LORD in prayer!  What a beautiful heritage to pass on to the next generation.

"Her children rise up and bless her..." Proverbs 31:28

No comments: