Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bessie

We have a welcome house guest this week!  Her name is Bessie and she is spending her vacation with us, while her owner and our good friend, Terry is out of town.  She's a regular guest,, usually polite and very well mannered and comfortable since she and her mistress lived in our guest house, Morning Glory Cottage many years ago.
 It's obvious Bessie knows her way around the neighborhood, when I tell you about her escapade the other night.  I was saying good bye to our two sons and grand dog, Rocky, when evidently she slipped out the open front door.  I did not notice, but later that evening I realized she was GONE!  I panicked, I was SUPPOSED to be watching her, but she found an escape route right under my nose (or knees...she is small).
I stood in the front yard, in my bathrobe whistling towards the dark driveway. I whistled again and again.  Just when I was turning to go back in, I heard a faint jingle, then a blur of white as the prodigal returned with gusto!  She barreled in the front hall and gleefully galloped up and down our long hall about 4 times, proud of her late night jaunt on her own.  Boy, was I RELIEVED to see that naughty, little girl back in our house safe and sound!
Even if Bessie is a little minx, she has won our hearts, along with our granddaughters!
Here's a photo of our Celeste on the left and her good friend, Bessie on the right.



No comments: