Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Week with Nana



A week ago Thursday we were excited to have our daughter and granddaughter coming to visit us, but in God's providence it did not happen. Needless to say my husband and I were very disappointed but my mother volunteered to fill in the void of the sudden change in plans. My sister, Sally and her husband, Rogers were coming to ballroom dance at the Fall Formal and brought our mother along from Franklin, Tennessee.
My mother, Evelyn Beatrice Holm Johnson is a trouper!!!She is 90 years young and stayed at the party until nearly the end. In recent years she faced a broken hip, the loss of her husband,(my dad) of 66 years and a cracked pelvis, yet she continues to trust the Lord and keep on keeping on. She waltzed with Henry at the dance. She attended several Bible studies, church and Wednesday night prayer group. She beat me in a mean game of canasta. She visited in the homes of two of her grandsons. She even attended a CCS musical production of Fiddler on the Roof that lasted until 10:30 p.m. and thoroughly enjoyed and raved at the great performance!
But the most rewarding moment was when we skyped with our daughter,Tacy and granddaughter, Molly. She is just about 2 years old. I heard Molly use the name my children used for their grandmother, calling her great-grandmother, Nana! It was music to my ears!

No comments: