Monday, November 2, 2009

Time to Tango


Henry and I joined the St. Elmo Waltz Society last week. It was great fun to brush up on the box step, the promenade step and paddle turn as we spun around the classroom floor, following the lead of our teacher.
Excited to be dancing again Saturday night at the ballroom at the Fairyland Club, we also need to brush up on our tango. We are so pleased to have my younger sister and her husband join us as we twirl around to the sounds of a Big Band called Nashville Daze.

1 comment:

Byl (Bill) said...

Wendy, I just saw this blog. It's great! I didn't know you had such an infinity for the arts Ha-Ha. Hey thanks for giving THE ST ELMO WALTZ SOCIETY a plug, I'll post your site on my blog and website also. Hey, I'm gonna begin the Begeuine or the tango or something like that when we start back up in August. I asked your son three time to tell you guys about our hiastus. I'll check often here and give reports on how you and Henry are doing in class. I mentioned the two of you in S.E.W.S. NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS. Look for it, ok. I'm finishing the website this Summer, it is partly finished.
You can google (where your name showed up) stelmowaltzsociety.org and see some of it. I gotta more pictures, however. see ya Byl Butler, director S.E.W.S.