Saturday, September 12, 2009

Here, Take This


I attended a women's meeting Thursday night where we went around the room and each person was given 90 seconds to "network" with the group by sharing your own personal passion.
When it was my turn, I spoke of working as a foster mother for Bethany Christian Services and the National Memorial for the Unborn.  I held up the book, EMPTY ARMS, which Ann Caldwell and I had the privilege of compiling the letters from people who regret their abortions and stories of foster babies who are adopted into Christian homes.

After the evening was over, a woman came up to me and asked if I thought the book would help her daughter.  She explained that her daughter had two abortions and now she thought she was going to hell.

I handed her the book.  She handed it back and asked me to write a note to her daughter.
"To ------
 May you realize that Jesus will forgive you and give you His peace."
"His love never ends" Jeremiah 31:3" and then I signed my name.

"Here take this book to your daughter," I said. " I know it will help, because we have heard that response many times before."

Ann and I are very thankful to have the opportunity to work with the National Memorial for the Unborn and see lives changed. 

No comments: