Saturday, September 5, 2009

The End of Summer


As I chopped potatoes for some yummy potato salad, I realized how quickly the summer has flown by and sadly the fresh tomatoes and other seasonal dishes will disappear.

Henry preaches at the Little Brown Church's Homecoming Sunday tomorrow.  This old family tradition of heading up Signal Mountain to worship with lots of cousins in the woods has taken on a sweetness now that I have lived in Tennessee longer than I lived in Minnesota.

Singing old time hymns together is a wonderful bonding experience, especially with the wooden chairs scraping backwards as everyone stands to belt out "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus".

How thankful both Henry and I are to have the simple testimony of parents who loved the Lord and taught it to us as young children!  In Miss Olive's three year old Sunday School department I learned to sing and believe "For God so loved the world that He sent is only Son..."
Thank you, Lord Jesus!

2 comments:

tacy said...

O come, come, come come...
makes me miss home and your delicious cooking, summer veggies from the garden, and sweet times in the little brown church on the hill.

trudy said...

your blog is simply blue and beautiful - what a wonderful morning I had with a dear friend........