Thursday, August 20, 2009

Longtime Friendshps


"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." Proverbs 25:25
Thankful to have the resources to return to my childhood homeland in Minnesota, I was thrilled to join the celebration of a wedding shower for the future daughter-in-law of my dear friend, Barb.
My longtime friendships with a group of high school friends(who call themselves the O.M.'s) has blessed me with the richness of many extra "sisters" in my life and causes me to eagerly anticipate our yearly retreat together "up North" near to one of the famous 10,000 lakes.
This was an extra-special year because we not only celebrated our 60th birthdays by renting a beautiful vacation home on Clark Lake but we also rejoiced over the coming marriages of two of the offspring of our members.
And we relaxed, talked, cried,remembered, and laughed together as we have every year since we were 15 years old and starting Roosevelt High School. What an amazing blessing to have such devoted friends to journey through life together.

No comments: