Sunday, August 30, 2009

20 Year Friendship

I had a surprise today that I can only describe by borrowing our pastor's favorite phrase," it blessed my socks off!!!"We received an invitation to hear a presentation about our friends' missionary trip to Iraq, which was very inspiring!  But I saw my old friend, Linda Crutcher walk in the back and we hugged for several minutes after the talk was over.  Someone was curious at our joy in seeing each other and Linda introduced me as Marcus's other mother.  Hard to believe it has been exactly 20 years since we placed the adorable black baby, Mark, (the name Tacy gave our 5 lb. baby)who had been a part of our family as our foster baby for 4 months in the arms of the Bethany social worker who presented him to the Crutcher family.  It was Labor Day weekend that he went home to his new adoptive home. We had so much catching up to do that we talked madly all through supper together. We laughed at the joy of seeing our two big "Bethany sons" all grown up and going to college.  I reminded Linda that she was the inspiration for us to adopt Eric, since she already had three kids and made room for one more and then we did the same thing the next year!

No comments: