Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Many Graduations

May brings many celebrations..weddings, graduations and in our case, several birthdays. Several milestones of interest to us are calling us to the East...to make the journey to be a part of the festivities! We have one niece graduating from her studies as a nurse practitioner! Another is a nurse graduating from Henry's alma mater, University of Virginia and her minor is in bioethics! And our son-in-law, Stephen is graduating with a master's from St. John's in Annapolis! And my dear mother is turning 90, so my brother is flying into Nashville for a BIG family gathering to honor a very special lady over the Memorial Day weekend!
Endings and beginnings bring joy and sometimes doubt as well. What is next?
It is comforting to be reminded from God's Word that we can ask for guidance...
"Show me Your ways, O LORD...
Who is the man that fears the LORD?..
lead me in Your truth...
the humble He teaches His way." from Psalm 25
"By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches and honor and life."
from Proverbs 22

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I can definitely relate! This is a really busy month filled with special events for us, too: my grandmother's 100th birthday on the 15th, Meredith's and nephew's graduation on the 16th, Stephen's graduation on the 17th, Carrie's birthday on the 19th, and brother-in-law's BD on the 30th. Lots of exciting and special days! I hope you enjoy all your family festivities--and give Molly a big hug and kiss for me!