Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Remembering Jack Hanson

"The Lord is My Shepherd, I shall not want." Psalm 23 v.1

"Praise the Lord...He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds, He counts the number of stars;He calls them all by name." from Psalm 147

When we go through unbearable heartache, it is comforting to be reminded that the Creator of the Universe knows our pain and stoops to bandage our hurts.
Jack Hanson has been a friend of mine since I was a child. We grew up in the same church, went to the same catechism classes, and same youth group. Our parents were friends, our sisters were friends and he married a friend of mine.
God blessed him with a beautiful wife, Clairann and two lovely daughters, Emily and Naomi.
I enjoyed their great hospitality when I would visit Minnesota in the summer time. Henry played broomball on ice with Jack in the winter time when we lived in Minnesota during residency.

Jack had a great laugh that always started with a twinkle in his eye. He loved to show me his great finds from making the Saturday rounds of garage sales. He was a collector but also a talented artist in many mediums. But most of all he was a faithful husband and father.

We were surprised when God called him home last Friday.
It seems too soon...yet You tells us You know our frame..the number of our days and promise "Your right hand shall hold me."(Psalm 139)
Thank you, Father, for blessing us with a friend like Jack!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Praying for God to comfort his family and all those who loved him.